NORTHVILLE EDUCATION FOUNDATION – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Northville Education Foundation (NEF) is an independent 501(c) (3) non-profit corporation which exists to further educational excellence in the Northville Public Schools. NEF has established an excellent track record over the years, in supporting programs and projects in the district, and has donated millions of dollars back to the Northville Public Schools
The Northville Education Foundation is seeking a full-time Executive Director, who will work with the board of directors to provide overall strategic, fund development and operational responsibility for the organization. Being aligned with, and passionate about our mission, is crucial to the hiring of our next executive director. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, preferably well-connected in the Northville community and be comfortable with fundraising and working with the Board of Trustees, the community, and the Northville Public Schools.
- Lead all strategic fundraising efforts. The board would like approximately 75% of time spent preparing for, prospecting and making face-to-face asks/donor contacts.
- Lead NEF efforts in prospecting for new donors, especially for gifts of $5,000+, primarily through approximately 125 face-to-face meetings annually.
- Successfully coordinate Night for Northville event, using a team of volunteers and board of director support.
- Administer the NEF database of donors and prospects.
- Coordinate and manage all annual giving solicitations and update website regularly.
- Develop new and steward existing relationships with community leaders, residents, alumni, and others supporters.
- Solicit volunteers and coordinate all volunteer involvement with NEF.
- Build community awareness through positive and consistent marketing/communications.
- Attend and prepare all materials for all NEF executive committee, board and other committee meetings, as warranted.
- Assist with the preparation of the NEF budget.
- Position reports to a four-person Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Report regularly to the Board of Directors about the “financial state of the organization”, on an ongoing basis.
- Manage audit process and day-to-day activities of the Foundation
- Facilitate the selection of NEF grant recipients, and assist with the preparation of grant requests.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all NEF donor information.
- Interact/communicate and maintain a cooperative environment with School District Administration.
- College degree (bachelors/masters preferred).
- Strong demonstrated fund development experience, as a professional or as a volunteer.
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship management experience.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Familiarity with financial statements and budgets.
- Familiarity with the operations of non-profit boards or foundations.
- Proficiency with a variety of computer programs, including Raisers Edge, Microsoft Office, (primarily Word, Outlook, Mail Merge, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and various fundraising databases, website maintenance and social networking.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Special events experience.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
To apply for this position, register with NPPN online (www.nppn.co/candidates/) and upload your resume and a cover letter addressed to Northville Educational Foundation.