|Job Position Description|
Program Coordinator Job Description
The Program Coordinator of Learning Services provides significant coordination, input and support in the design, development, implementation, and expansion of CMF education programs, learning activities, event planning/coordination, project planning/coordination, communications, information management, and member services. Duties are related to activities associated with CMF core learning services, community foundations, Michigan Community Foundations’ Ventures (MCFV) and related committees, as well as outreach to the national and international community foundation field.
The following responsibilities are descriptive of current policies, practices and programs of CMF. The measures of success in each area of responsibility are tied to the annual Plan of Work. The Program Coordinator is a salary exempt positions that reports to the Director, Learning Services.
The following responsibilities are descriptive of current policies, practices and programs of CMF. The measures of success in each area of responsibility are tied to the annual Plan of Work.
· Manage, develop and implement core services to Michigan community foundations including trainings, technical assistance delivery, conferences, and retreats, publications, networking opportunities, affinity group meetings and membership services.
· Assist with Community Foundation Committee meetings and communications including CMF Board of Trustee preparation.
· Manage MCVF Board of Trustee meetings and communications and all committee meetings and communications.
· Work closely with CFO on budget forecasting for community foundation grants.
· Facilitate and manage Kresge Challenge Grant process.
· Coordinate or assist with the preparation of member communications, meeting scheduling, training materials, database management, Listserve management, web site updates and all statewide, national and international communications relating to above mentioned events and projects.
· For all assigned programs, exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to the implementation of all assigned programs. Responsible for proactive communication with the Director of Learning Services on project status, deadlines, project plan, etc. Suggest and implement solutions to any roadblocks or challenges in consultation with the Director of Learning Services. Direct and coordinate the efforts of staff and volunteers on such programs. Arrange for and contract with approved vendors and locations to be used for the various programs and meetings.
· Retrieval of sample documents and resources for member community foundations and others.
· Attend CMF and MCFV events, trainings and meetings as well as community foundation local events, trainings and meetings as appropriate.
· First point of contact for community foundation member phone calls and e-mails.
· Lead liaison for state and regional partners.
· Extensive research and writing required.
· Assist Director will all programs related to Learning Services.
· All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Demonstrate leadership and commitment to CMF values – ethical leadership, relationships, servant leadership, knowledge, excellence, diversity & inclusion.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
· Knowledge and experience in planning and leading meetings and events,
· Strong organizational skills, ability to manage several projects at once,
· Demonstrated ability to manage and direct the work and efforts of staff with respect to assigned programs.
· Ability to work cooperatively, supervise and motivate staff, foster team spirit and maintain a sense of humor,
· Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills,
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Minimum five (5) years relevant experience in philanthropy, the nonprofit sector or a membership association.
· Experience in a nonprofit, foundation or membership organization preferred.
· Computer literate in PC environment.
To apply for this position, register with NPPN online (www.nppn.co/candidates/) and upload your resume and a cover letter addressed to Council of Michigan Foundations.