Celebrating 35 Years as Executive Consultants for the National Non-Profit Sector
World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America, is an International Development and Disaster Response organization. We are compelled by God’s deep passion for justice & mercy, we join communities around the world to renew hope, reconcile lives, and restore creation. If you're passionate about this vision and desire to contribute to furthering this work around the globe and if you have experience in Human Resources Manager, check out this opportunity!
We are currently seeking to hire a Human Resources Manager to ensure effective and efficient administration and delivery of Human Resources services for the management and staff of World Renew US, in alignment with World Renew’s global mission, strategy and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. HR Operations Management:
· Ensure effectiveness and timeliness of day to day HR operations related to recruitment, onboarding, orientation, employee relations, retention/engagement, compensation, taxation, occupational health and safety, pay equity, HRIS and terminations
· Build and maintain a thorough understanding of the organization’s talent strategy needs, role requirements and qualifications, compensation practices
· Determine recruitment strategies for open and future roles and provide hands-on support and guidance in the recruitment process.
· Assist management and international employees with expatriate assignments, including international employment policies, benefits, and other HR matters
2. Employee Relations:
· Create an environment of positive employee relations; balance organizational needs with employee needs, establish trust and credibility with employees and be seen as approachable and fair.
· Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation to both employees and management
· Counsel and instruct supervisors on employee relations, performance management, staff development and record keeping
· Help ensure staff safety by carrying out assigned duties under the Crisis Management Policy
· Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues in consultation, as needed, with the International HR Director and the Executive Director of World Renew US
3. Legal Compliance & HR Best Practices:
· Maintain in-depth and up to date knowledge of legislation requirements related to day-to-day management of employees
· Ensure all human resources functions are in compliance with relevant legislation (e.g. Ontario, BC and Alberta) and tax and compensation laws
· Stay current and up to date with HR best practices
· Practice continuous improvement, improving processes and procedures based on feedback and lessons learned
4. Collaboration and Coordination
· Provide input to the International HR Director on global HR strategy, planning and policy
· Implement organizational culture and change initiatives under the direction of the International HR Director
· Maintain a healthy, collaborative working relationship with the US HR Manager and global HR Team to ensure consistency in practice and mutual support.
· Coordinate with counterparts in the CRCNA US HR and Payroll Offices to ensure effective and efficient delivery of HR services
5. Perform other duties as assigned
For those interested, you can find more information on our website. Candidates interested in applying should do so online by following this link: https://worldrenew.net/careers. The application deadline is November 11, 2022.
The Non-Profit Partner Job Board
NPPN is offering an additional resource to the non-profit community. With diminishing options to advertise open positions, we provide a broader network to affordably reach your target audiences. The NPPN Non-Profit Partner Job Board is available for any type of nonprofit job posting within Michigan.
Each ad will be posted for one month
Each ad costs a flat fee of $75 with a renewal fee of $50.00
Advertisements will be posted on a separate page on NPPN’s web site
Ads will be distributed, one time only, to our network
Each ad response will be directed to you
Billing will take place once a position has been officially posted
An invoice will be sent and due within two weeks of job posting
To post your opening on the NPPN Non-Profit Partner Job Board, submit a job description to: Gary.Dembs@nppn.co or call us at 248-569-6776.