Lead Literacy Instructor
Part Time Position
Organization and Background
The Center for Success is a nonprofit organization committed to impacting youth in disadvantaged
areas through education and exposure to social interactions and activities. We believe that if we
impact the next generation, we change our future.
Uniting community with literacy to empower students in the journey of education.
To open centers nationwide that will impact youth and their families for generations to come.
● Effectiveness - We are committed to building quality programs with measurable results.
● Excellence - We believe that every detail matters in order to achieve measured Success
● Empowerment – We are committed to empowering individuals by providing resources and emotional
support to be successful.
● Multiplication - We are committed to launching more centers that will impact the world.
● Diversity - We are committed to keeping diversity at the forefront of our leadership and Programs
● Safety & Security - We are committed to providing physically and emotionally safe
environments for program participants.
The Center for Success Lead Literacy Mentor plans literacy interventions for elementary youth using
data from student assessments, schedules and monitors literacy mentor sessions, ensures materials
are available and accessible, and engages with youth during small group sessions.
Job responsibilities include:
● Participate in the creation and updating of needed program materials, in coordination with leadership staff.
● Work effectively with site staff to ensure adherence to program times and use of the facility.
● Support literacy mentors with completed lessons in student folders and consistent feedback after sessions.
● Match students and mentors to facilitate strong relationships.
● Ensure accurate records of student attendance.
● Collaborate regularly with fellow Center Directors and leadership staff to maintain consistency among locations.
● Provide high quality, engaging small group lessons during program hours.
● Meet regularly with leadership staff to maximize program quality.
The successful candidate must believe in the core organizational values of Center for Success
Network and be driven by the organization’s mission and vision. We are seeking a high-energy Lead
Literacy Mentor who is mission-driven and self-directed, skilled in volunteer management, and
excited about working in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess the following
● A clear understanding of academic and literacy development and a passion for working to help children succeed
● Effective organizational skills
● Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
● Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
● Commitment to efficient use of resources
● Experience managing a large number of volunteers and supervising multiple staff members
● Experience with email, databases, Microsoft Office software, Google Applications.
● Experience working with elementary youth and demonstrated skills in behavior management
Position involves 7-12 hours per week and compensation is based on background and experience.
Sessions will be scheduled Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00 - 6:30 at the Fitzgerald site.
Please send a cover letter that captures why this position is a great match for your skills and
interests, along with your resume to and
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.